In the unlikely event that a Ryco product is found to be defective due to defects in material and/or workmanship, we will replace it for you free of charge (subject to conditions).
In addition to the rights that you may have as a consumer under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, Ryco Group provides a LIMITED REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE for RYCO products bought new in New Zealand that expires either 1 YEAR after the installation of the product or upon the expiration of the service interval recommended by the original equipment manufacturer for the vehicle/engine (whichever comes first).
During this replacement guarantee period if any engine or equipment is damaged in New Zealand as a direct result of the use of a RYCO product that Ryco Group determines to be defective, Ryco Group will replace the defective Ryco product free of charge and pay to restore the engine or equipment to a condition equivalent to the state of the engine or equipment immediately prior to the damage.
This replacement guarantee does not apply to any product that:
To make a claim under this replacement guarantee:
• If Ryco Group requires an inspection of the vehicle or engine to be undertaken, it will arrange (at its expense) for an employee or agent to carry out the inspection as soon as practicable. Ryco Group will use its best endeavours to carry out this inspection within 14 days of being notified of the claim.
• Within 21 days of carrying out an inspection or receiving a product that is claimed to be defective for examination, the warranty claim will be assessed by Ryco Group on the basis of our product knowledge and reasonable judgement and will be accepted if:
• A relevant defect is found
• The warranty claim is made during the warranty period; and
• None of the excluded conditions listed above apply
• Where products are required to be sent to overseas to Ryco Group affiliates for further assessment, the response period may be extended.
This replacement guarantee is given by Ryco Group a division of GUD (NZ) Holdings Ltd.
Business Address: 19 Bell Avenue, Otahuhu, Auckland, New Zealand 1026
Free Call Phone: 0800 838 222
This replacement and restoration will be provided on a without prejudice basis, and without any admission of liability. Consequential damage claims will not be covered by this replacement guarantee.
Our goods also come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. The benefits given to you by this replacement guarantee are in addition to the rights you may have as a consumer under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.